Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Birthday, Princess!

Hannah, today you are two years old. I feel like I was just sitting at this computer typing words about you turning one. And it wasn't that long ago that I was telling about your birth story. To say the last two years have flown by is a huge understatement.


I have seen you grow so much in this last year.  You have turned from a baby into a beautiful, independent, loving little girl. Your smiles are priceless and your hugs and kisses are the best.  There is not a night that goes by that me and your daddy don't sit in bed and talk about all the funny things you did that day. What did we do before you?! No matter what kind of day you've had, we always end up saying "what a sweet girl we have."


You have blessed our lives beyond measure.  In just a few weeks you will become a big sister. I can't wait to see how you take on this new role.  You definitely love your baby dolls and other babies, so we're anxious to see how you do with a real live baby that doesn't ever leave our house.  We know you will love him so much.


From our trips to the zoo, playing outside, reading books, building with blocks, temper tantrums, disobedience, all out fits...I wouldn't trade a day of your life that goes by for anything. I feel so honored to be your mommy. Your sweet spirit and kind heart is something I prayed for before you were ever born.


I dream of you as a teenager and eventually as a mom with babies of your own. I'm certainly not rushing those days, but I just pray that you will always be the sweet girl that you are now. I pray that you will be a leader and love Jesus more than anything.


You are a such a gift. I can't put into words what you mean to us. 

At two years old, here are your stats:

  • You weigh about 23 pounds
  • You are in about a size 5 1/2-6 shoe
  • Size 3 diapers
  • You have lots of teeth - I've lost count! I think we're just waiting on your two year molars now.
  • You have used the potty twice
  • You still have your paci at naps and bedtime. Don't worry - it's not going anywhere soon!
  • You love fruit, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, cheetos, cookies, raisins, yogurt, apple sauce, spaghetti, mac n cheese, french fries and pizza. You still won't touch a vegetable of any kind.
  • I have finally broke you from your morning nap. You now nap for 2-4 hours each afternoon.
  • You sleep from about 8:30 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
  • You have rest time in your room each morning for about 30 minutes.
  • You LOOOOOVE your momma and want me by your side all.the.time. You do well when I'm not around, but if I'm in the house, I better be within your sight!

Happy birthday, angel baby. Can't believe you are two! 


5 comments:

Amanda said...

What a cutie!

Emily said...

So sweet! Happy birthday Hannah!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Hannah!

Cindy and crew said...

Happy Birthday, Hannah! She's adorable!

The Skaggs said...

So, so, so sweet!