Saturday, May 21, 2011

Ethan Update

Well, we're home as a family of 4. Although, with all the company (which we wouldn't change for anything) we are more like a family of 8 right now! It's nice having all the extra hands to help out.

Hannah hasn't shown much interest in the fact that Ethan is here.  She's way more busy playing with all her cousins that have been around.  Well, we FINALLY got her to sit down and hold Ethan for the first time. 


The picture isn't great because it didn't last long! But, it's progress. At least she acknowledged that Ethan has been born. ha!

This morning we had Ethan's 2 day check up.  He checked out perfect (Praise the Lord) and is well on his way back up to birth weight.  Our next check is in 2 weeks, but we might sneak in for a weight check in a few days to see how little man is growing.


Don't worry - I've had some much needed sleep from the time of this picture. I don't look quite as much like a zombie anymore!

Ethan is so content. The ONLY time he shows off his lungs is during a diaper change. He hates it. Luckily he is already calm by the time we pick him up from the changing table.  When he's ready to eat he just starts nibbling on this hand or blanket and that's mommy's que. 


I love his little droopy lip in that picture.  We've been super blessed by Ethan, already. He's just a perfect fit to our little family. 

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh, Shelly, he is precious!!!! I think he looks just like Wes in the bottom picture! Congrats on a quick delivery and healthy baby!

Also, if you want to keep following my blog, I just need your e-mail! I know you said you wanted to keep reading, and I have you on my list, just need an e-mail! So, in your spare time, ha, just e-mail it to me...Leslie_elise@yahoo.com. No rush...I know you are busy!:)

Ashley said...

Love him!

Lindsay said...

He is just perfect, Shelly!

Jill said...

He is so cute! I think he looks like Wes in that last picture! Congrats on your family of 4!