Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pregnancy Update

Well, I'm 36 weeks pregnant.  Ethan is about 6 pounds and is about 18.5 inches long. My e-mail this week compared his size to a crenshaw melon.


I went to the doctor today and found out that I'm almost 2 cm dilated and 60-70% effaced.  Hmm...another early baby?

(self portraits are the worst, but I've forgotten to take a picture everyday this week!)

I've been feeling pretty good, especially knowing that the end is near!  Ethan's room is 99.9% complete.  I did some major nesting this weekend and cleaned out and organized every space in our house! Not a bad thing, I guess. Our spice cabinet is clean, freezer, pantry, bathroom cabinets, kitchen cabinets, etc.  I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and stocked up on toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates, etc.  

I talked to the doctor today about being induced on May 19 if he hasn't arrived by then.  She said she would pencil it in, but didn't feel like I'd make it to that day. In reality, she acted like she would be somewhat surprised if I made it to my appointment next week....which freaked Wes out more than me, I think! I feel like he's going to hang in there a while longer....

Until next time.