Wednesday, May 18, 2011

We've arrived

Well, after 9 months of excitement, planning and anticipation, Ethan's birthday has arrived.  I will be induced tomorrow, bright and early.  As I type this post, I have so many emotions.  I CAN'T WAIT to meet this little guy and to have a son.  I have so many visions of a little Wesley and that Ethan will be just like his daddy. Which is a man of integrity, humbleness and good looks, of course.

(This is Wes on his 2nd birthday - I picture Ethan looking just like him. Hannah looks NOTHING like him!)

My heartstrings pull for this little girl, too, who is about to be forever changed as well.


 As much as I know that she will love her little brother and be such a great big sister, I can't help but worry about our transition time.  She's such a good little "mommy," and is going to be a great helper, but I know her little world is about to be rocked.  I've prayed time after time that the cross over of a family of three to a family of four would be a peaceful one. I know the Lord will take care of every detail.

Ethan Wesley, I can't wait to meet you. You've been a little stubborn already with not coming early like your sister and being positioned in a way that might make it hard on your momma to get you here, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  When I think of your daddy and sister I'm so in love with them and what the Lord has given me, but something is missing - and that's you! To say you are already so loved is a huge understatement.  I can't wait to hold you and count all your fingers and toes and Praise the Lord for the miracle of creating you.

 Only a few more hours, little guy!

Oh - and on the poll to the right about Ethan's arrival....looks like the majority was wrong! In fact, there was probably only 1 person that was right.  My due date is Monday, so if I wasn't being induced I'd be willing to bet I would have been late. Thanks for playing!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

This made me cry. Of course it would...are you surprised?

Amanda said...

I'll be praying for you. It's such an emotional but fun time and Im sure everything will turn out great! Can't wait to see pictures and hear all the details!

Unknown said...

Praying for a safe and fast delivery!! I understand your feelings ab Hannah! I cried all the way to the hospital bc I was so worried ab Kate. As soon as she gave Preston some attention, she laughed hysterically & has been ever since. If will be wonderful being a family of four,& I will be praying for that transition as well. Can't wait for some pics!!
love~