Several of my friends have been blogging recently about funny things their kids do or say. All kids are so funny and do the cutest things. Since I print my blog and use it as a scrapbook of memories, I thought I'd better document some of the sweet things this little angel comes up with...
Lately she's been saying "ummmm" before she answers a question we ask her. Example:
Us: Hannah, what do you want for a snack?
Hannah: Ummmm, CHEETOS!
(Like she really has to think about this - it's ALWAYS cheetos)
(Like she really has to think about this - it's ALWAYS cheetos)
We've also really been working on colors. She totally knows her colors, but I think she thinks it's funny to mess up. Example:
Us: What color is the grass?
Hannah: Ummm, Yellow.
Us: No, grass is green.
Hannah: Yeah, not yellow (while shaking her head no)
She also mocks everything we say. If I say something to Ethan, she repeats it to him in a sweet, mommy voice. Love this!
"I do it" is HUUUUGE right now. This is anything. Getting in her booster seat at the table, getting in the car, putting on her clothes, feeding herself. Everything is taking double the time right now and I daily have to remind myself that raising my babies is my biggest purpose right now and I need to be patient and let her try things on her own, instead of hurrying her in the car so we can be on time somewhere that's not important.
"Help, pleeeeease." When Hannah runs into something she can't do on her own (unstrap the car seat buckles, reach something up high, etc.) She says in a sweet, but frustrated voice "Help, pleeeease." At least she's saying please, but it's certainly not a patient "please."
"Thank you, mommy." "Thank you, daddy." She's become so good at saying thank you for everything. After I give her a drink in the morning, put her shoes on for her, etc. she'll say, without prompting, Thank you, mommy. It melts my heart and makes me think that she DOES listen to me sometimes. Ha!
Well, there are many, many more, but these are just some things that I don't ever want to forget. I've tried to get the video camera out a lot more lately because I know these days are slipping away and I want to have as much documented as possible.
I LOOOOOVE being a mommy, especially to this little girl and her sweet little brother!


3 comments:
Our favorite... Don't Tickle ME! LOL or.... Mommy go? When she wants to know where anyone is. She is one sweet and precious girl!
So adorable!
Ummmm... Cheetos ROCK!
Post a Comment