Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Firsts

We've had a couple of "firsts" around here lately.  On Saturday morning Hannah had her first pop tart!


It was a hit! I know it's not the healthiest choice, but we are in a breakfast rut and I thought a pop tart would be a nice treat for her.  It's got to be a little better than a powdered donut, right?!

And drum roll please....Ethan made his first appearance at church on Sunday!


This is not a great picture. I was in a rush to get out the door and wanted to be sure I captured how cute he looked before his outfit was ruined by spit up or a diaper explosion (both of which haven't happened yet, but there's always a first time). He had on the cutest shoes from none other than Aunt Jenn!

 Wesley played bass during the service this week, so he brought Hannah to church early and I was able to just get Ethan and I ready. It was so nice to get out of the house!  Ethan can't go to the church nursery until he's 8 weeks old, so I probably won't be going back to church until then. I worry about his little noises and distracting the people sitting around us, but I really wanted to hear Wes play this week so I decided to take Ethan and keep him with me. So, a few more weeks and I'll be back in the swing of things!

Lastly, we took our first trip in real public on Monday!


We went to hobby lobby. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to tote an infant carrier around and still have room for Hannah in the basket, plus the things I'm buying.  But today we just needed 1 thing and so I put the carrier in the basket and let Hannah walk.  She's actually really good about not touching and listening when I tell her to follow me. She did EXCELLENT, but was a little distracted by a display with Mickey Mouse and Tinkerbelle. I can't blame her.  So, our first outing was a success! And I was actually there by 9:15! Impressive with 2 kids, right? Ha!

0 comments: