Sunday, June 19, 2011

1 Month!

Ethan, you are 1 month old today! I can't believe it was exactly a month ago that I held you for the first time. In some ways it feels like yesterday and in other ways it feels like you've been here forever! I fall more in love with you every day!


At one month you are:

  • Wearing newborn diapers
  • Wearing newborn clothes
  • Weighing in at about 8 1/2 pounds
  • Starting to get interested in ceiling fans
  • Following voices and will look in the direction of a noise
  • Loving your big sister
  • Enjoying tummy time
  • Sleeping in your room.  We moved you when you were less than a week old. You're a grunter!
  • So happy all the time.  You rarely cry, and that's such a blessing
  • Completely content laying on the ground, in the swing, in your bouncer
  • Haven't gotten out much, but hopefully that will change soon
  • Starting to give us some of those accidental smiles and we can't wait until they are real
  • So loved by so many people

I love that you are one of those babies that looks like a little old man.  Your little receding hair line makes me smile.  And as you can tell from this picture, you got your first scratch on your face.  I guess I put the baby mittens away too soon. Oops!

Love you so much, little dude! 


2 comments:

Ashley said...

One...those cheeks are to die for. Two...that outfit is PRECIOUS!
Three...he totally doesn't look newbornish any more.
Four...I need to hold him ASAP! :)

Lindsay said...

Happy one month birthday, Ethan!