Monday, February 8, 2010

There's always next week

I always look forward to church on Sundays. Wes and I teach 12th grade Sunday School at 8:15. Most mornings I'm up at 6:30 getting myself and Hannah ready to leave the house at 7:45. Well, this weekend our youth group had fuel weekend (which is referred to as Disciple Now at other churches). So, we didn't have to be there until 9:30. I got to set my alarm for 7:45, instead of 6:30! That was great, so I thought!

I sewed this dress for Hannah this fall and was excited to find a turtle neck to go under it so she could wear it when it was cold. So, today was the day!

Isn't she precious? Well, she woke up at about 7:40 (just minutes before my alarm, so I was glad!) and I got her up, changed her, fed her and handed her off to Wes so I could get ready. Wes left at about 8:30 to go help out with the youth and I was going to meet him at church at 10:00. Well, Hannah decided she was TIRED at 8:45. I thought "OK, I'll just lay her down for a quick nap, get her up at 9:30, throw her in the car and we'll go." Well I tried waking her up at 9:30 and she was a zombie. So sleepy!!

Anyway, to make a long story short, I was sitting in my church clothes, all ready to go. Diaper bag packed and little girl sleeping in her precious dress. And sleeping, and sleeping and sleeping....

When she finally woke up, I think she thought it was funny that I had started my morning off rushing around to get us ready all for nothing....

Needless to say, we didn't make church this morning.
There's always next week, right? I guess being at church at 8:15 has its benefits.

1 comments:

Granna and Paw Paw Jerry said...

Baby girl and dress both adorably precious!!