If you've ever talked to me, you've heard me talk about 4 people. Wes, my mom, my sister and Ashley. Ashley is my best friend, and I'm certain I could not survive without her.
We are the same age, and pretty close to the same stage of life. We're kinda the same person.
Well, recently I got to spend a couple of hours with Ashley and her mom. That evening Ashley called and said her mom made this comment:
"Shelly sure has it all together as a mom. I'm impressed" (or something along those lines)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I literally laughed out loud.

As the events of the day went through my mind, I couldn't help but think what on earth would make her say that.
Was it the fact that I got down my street and realized I hadn't packed a change of clothes for Hannah incase of an accident? No, that couldn't be it - she didn't know about that.
Maybe it's that at lunchtime I realized I had forgotten a bib for Hannah and had to improvise with a burp cloth. Maybe?
Or maybe it was after I tucked the burp cloth into her shirt I dug through her bag, pulling EVERYTHING out of her bag looking for a spoon...in which I didn't fully know if I had remembered one. Alas! I found a spoon....Maybe?
Or maybe it was the 20 minutes it took me to change her diaper, in which Hannah almost fell off the changing table in the public bathroom....Maybe?
Or maybe it was after returning from the bathroom I realized I put Hannah's yogurt melts in her diaper bag and didn't seal the package, so I had to one by one pick up the spilled yogurt bites and put them back in the package, making sure I sealed it tightly this time....Maybe?
All I know is that Ashely had to have cracked up when her mom said that as well...mainly because I call Ashley almost weekly telling her I want to trade my mommy card for my career card because I'm just not good at this mommy stuff! haha!
Whatever she saw that wasn't actually happening, I hope that I give everyone the vibe that I have it all together. That's my goal....if I LOOK like I have it all together, maybe I WILL have it all together one day.
We are the same age, and pretty close to the same stage of life. We're kinda the same person.Well, recently I got to spend a couple of hours with Ashley and her mom. That evening Ashley called and said her mom made this comment:
"Shelly sure has it all together as a mom. I'm impressed" (or something along those lines)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I literally laughed out loud.

As the events of the day went through my mind, I couldn't help but think what on earth would make her say that.
Was it the fact that I got down my street and realized I hadn't packed a change of clothes for Hannah incase of an accident? No, that couldn't be it - she didn't know about that.
Maybe it's that at lunchtime I realized I had forgotten a bib for Hannah and had to improvise with a burp cloth. Maybe?
Or maybe it was after I tucked the burp cloth into her shirt I dug through her bag, pulling EVERYTHING out of her bag looking for a spoon...in which I didn't fully know if I had remembered one. Alas! I found a spoon....Maybe?
Or maybe it was the 20 minutes it took me to change her diaper, in which Hannah almost fell off the changing table in the public bathroom....Maybe?
Or maybe it was after returning from the bathroom I realized I put Hannah's yogurt melts in her diaper bag and didn't seal the package, so I had to one by one pick up the spilled yogurt bites and put them back in the package, making sure I sealed it tightly this time....Maybe?
All I know is that Ashely had to have cracked up when her mom said that as well...mainly because I call Ashley almost weekly telling her I want to trade my mommy card for my career card because I'm just not good at this mommy stuff! haha!
Whatever she saw that wasn't actually happening, I hope that I give everyone the vibe that I have it all together. That's my goal....if I LOOK like I have it all together, maybe I WILL have it all together one day.
1 comments:
You are definitely one of the BEST mommies I know!!
Post a Comment