Tuesday, December 28, 2010

We think we have it...

We aren't 100% certain yet (so mom, no monogramming yet!), but we think we've decided on a name for our little one.

When we were pregnant with Hannah we had our boy name chosen almost right away - Gavin Wesley.  But now that this is a new baby, we have a new round of names to choose from. 

As we discuss names we always look up the meanings. Hannah means favored grace and we fell in love with that.  Another name in the running for this little boy is/was Jacob Wesley.  The meaning of Jacob is "supplanter." Although it's a biblical name, the meaning didn't jump out to us.

When we looked up Ethan and found that it meant strong and firm we really liked it.  That's my prayer each day for the type of faith this little boy will have.  It just seems so fitting. 

So for now, we're calling him Ethan.  Being married to Wesley, however, that is subject to change. Wes isn't a big planner like me, so he's not ready to settle quite yet! 

7 comments:

Carrie said...

You know I like this, Shelly!! What's so neat is that "Hannah" was our girl name with all three boys!! ;)

Melanie from The Pigg Pen said...

LOVE this name. I like it very much!

J and J Tyler said...

I love Ethan! Maybe you should take a poll :-)

Strange family said...

I Love it!

Ford Family said...

Love it!!

Jill said...

LOVE it!

The Skaggs said...

It's an awesome name and I love the meaning!!! We are all about the meanings of names too!!