
I have mentioned before that I follow a blog called "Kelly's Korner." I still don't know why, but I do! For some reason, her blog is entertaining. And I'm not the only one. She's got thousands of people that follow her that don't know her.
Anyway, every Friday she has a "show us your life" theme. I thought today's was fun, so I'm participating.
"How you chose your child's name."
So....here's our story. We didn't start with the name Hannah. We considered the names Daylee, Addison and Kate. (Don't tell Wes, but at the time I was a huge fan of Jon and Kate plus 8 and I loved her name!) Wes wasn't a huge fan of Addison and I couldn't stop thinking of the "Daily Tyler News." So that left us with Kate. It's hard to work with a one syllable first name. I didn't want her name to be Katelyn or Katherine. I wanted us to call her what we named her. So, then one night we were at a youth event at church and our friend Jason (if you know him, who would have thought we would have taken his advice!) suggested Hannah Kate. I loved it. Wes wasn't sold at first until...
I came home with the letters I bought and he quickly saw that it was a palindrome! If you know Wes, you know he's a very symmetrical guy. So that's when we decided our precious girl would be Hannah Kate.
We always knew our boy's name.
Do you recognize this guy? I wouldn't either if I didn't just google his name. His name is Gavin Rossdale and he's a singer. Possibly better known as the former lead singer of the band Bush. I was driving home one night and heard a song on the radio by him. I fell in love with his voice...and his name. Strange, I know. But I told Wes about it and he liked it, too. He was more convinced once we looked up the meaning: little hawk. From that point on if the little angel inside of me was a boy, he would be Gavin Wesley. Of course you would end up with the gender of the baby you don't have a name for, right? Maybe one day we'll have a little Gavin Wesley running around here.
Until then, here is our little princess, Hannah Kate!



5 comments:
Hannah is my most favorite girl name EVER!! I also love Kate!! You did good, girl! ;)
so sweet!
Both names are beautiful.
And, yes, Gavin does has a pretty great voice!
I love the name Gavin (and Hannah, too!), and I've always loved Gavin Rossdale's voice (I was a big Bush fan in high school...don't judge!) :)
Wow! I can't believe you are going to publicly admit that I was the one who named your kid. I never thought you would do anything I suggested and that's actually a pretty solid way to make life decisions--do the opposite of what I say!
Post a Comment