Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Over the river and through the woods

Wes is working in Beaumont this week, so Hannah and I packed up and tagged along and are staying with my parents while he works this week. We got here yesterday morning and all was well...until last night. It was a disaster.  Hannah has done so extremely well with her naps and sleeping at home, but woah, last night it was like having a new born all over again.  


She woke up at 2:00 and finally at 3:00 when she was still awake, we took a car ride.  Their little town is pretty quiet, but there was NOBODY on the roads at 3:00!  A long story short, she finally fell asleep on Granna's chest at 3:30, woke up at 5:45, slept until 7:00 and now, at 9:30, is struggling to take a nap. 

Whew, a quick reminder of how tired I was as a brand new mommy. I'm certainly not ready to go back to those days quite yet!


3 comments:

Strange family said...

she sure is a stinkin' cutie, even with no sleep.

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

Was last night a full moon or something?! I had the same trouble with Jack! He wanted to be rocked all night... wouldn't let me put him down! It made for one tired Mama in Tyler, too! :-)

Christie said...

I was up at 3 am with Marley too, and I talked to someone else who was up at 3. Must have been something in the air...