Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Better late than never

For Christmas my nephew, Grayson, got a toy box. It was so cute and after all the toys we got at Christmas, I realized we needed one, too! So, I put Wes up to the challenge. I asked him to build Hannah a toy box. Once again, he exceeded my expectations and built one to match Hannah's bed and dresser, which he also built. 


How amazing is this?  Even though her birthday was May 1 and the toy box wasn't quite done, it was worth the wait. Hannah's room is clean again and you can actually see the floor!

(The "H" on the toy box isn't glued down. I think it needs a little something on top, so I just stuck that there because I had it. What do you think? A cushion? Her name painted on it? Suggestions?I thought about having ballet shoes painted on it, but what if she's not into that later?)

In case you never saw the dresser, here is a picture of that.


And the matching bed....


What a blessing it is to have a husband who can build things! I'm already planning out our future living room furniture! 

And, just something random...Hannah woke up from her nap yesterday looking crazy. I would say she slept pretty well. Don't you think?


6 comments:

Tamala said...

Love the toy box, I think you should make a cushion for it. That way you can change it as her room changes.

Muffy said...

Wow! Those all look really good! I think painting her name with ballet slippers would be really cute.

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

Love the hair! Priceless picture!!! And, wow! What a blessing to have such a talented husband!!! My daddy built all of my bedroom furniture for my 15th birthday and I treasure it!!! It's the furniture Mallory is using in her room today. Hannah is one lucky little girl. :-)

Strange family said...

Love that pic of Hannah! I think either her name or a cushion ... I'm gonna go for the cushion because then you could have a reason to come back to sewing!

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

Love the toy box. You can also get a vinyl application of her name or initials from etsy (search for Studio JK vinyl) and attach it to the top. There are some super-cute ones and they are not permanent if you want to remove later. Kayla jsut did that for Sawyer's initial to put above the crib. Turned out VERY cute.