Hannah will be a year on Saturday. Yes. This Saturday. As I wipe away my tears, I've been transitioning our house to a house of a toddler and no longer an infant.
This month Hannah started drinking whole milk. She totally loves it.
She actually loves it a little too much. She drinks so much that she's gaping for air after taking a "sip" and then burps. It's so cute.
This weekend I also went through Hannah's toys and packed up all her infant toys. Another sad day.
Today I opened up the cabinet where we keep Hannah's bottles, plates, and bowls. Well, I realized that we didn't need the bottles anymore and that made me sad, too. So, the space where the bottles used to sit is now full of sippy cups.
Wes continues to assure me that she is supposed to grow up, but I'm not taking it as well. Last night we were playing in her room before bedtime and she was clapping and laughing and being silly and I just thought "wow, this is the same baby that just laid there and slept a few short months ago."
I know she will continue to grow, but will time ever slow down? Just a reminder to me to savor every single moment.



2 comments:
Awww, that must be a bittersweet time! But-that's a perfect reason to give Hannah a sibling! :) Happy 1st Birthday to Hannah!
Awe...I feel your sadness Shelly. To answer your question, No...Time only speeds up! Parenting is the most bittersweet thing I've ever experienced! Enjoy every moment and spoil her!!
Post a Comment