So if you've shopped for baby food lately, you'll find out that there are only 2 green veggies out there in stage 1. Peas and green beans. Hannah likes green beans okay, but spits out the peas each time we try them.
Since I feel like it's important for her to eat her veggies (even though daddy doesn't) I started making some of her food that they don't sell in jars.
First, broccoli. She likes this, but I have to be careful with how much I give her because it will make her gassy and I don't want to give her a tummy ache.
Second, zucchini. She shivers with each bite. I've been able to hide it in peaches or pears, but when she gets a straight bite of just the zucchini, her poor little body shakes all over.
Third, spinach. SUCCESS!! She absolutely loves spinach. More than any other food we have ever tried!

She opens her mouth like a little bird waiting on the next bite. I was shocked. My mom gave me such a hard time when I was making it...she kept saying "yeah right, who likes spinach!" Although, my sister in law, Kayla, eats it straight from the can. YUCK.
So watch out, Popeye! Little Hannah is going to be big and strong soon!
Since I feel like it's important for her to eat her veggies (even though daddy doesn't) I started making some of her food that they don't sell in jars.
First, broccoli. She likes this, but I have to be careful with how much I give her because it will make her gassy and I don't want to give her a tummy ache.
Second, zucchini. She shivers with each bite. I've been able to hide it in peaches or pears, but when she gets a straight bite of just the zucchini, her poor little body shakes all over.
Third, spinach. SUCCESS!! She absolutely loves spinach. More than any other food we have ever tried!

She opens her mouth like a little bird waiting on the next bite. I was shocked. My mom gave me such a hard time when I was making it...she kept saying "yeah right, who likes spinach!" Although, my sister in law, Kayla, eats it straight from the can. YUCK.
So watch out, Popeye! Little Hannah is going to be big and strong soon!
3 comments:
LOVE IT!!! I used to make baby food for Ethan and Eli, too! It was fun and made me feel good to be doing something healthy for them!
Scott is allergic to lettuce, so we've been eating a ton of spinach salads lately ... I've actually started to like it - not cooked, though!
That is hilarious, Shelly! She looks happy as a clam. Cole always loved broccoli. Yum - in stage 3 it is mixed with rice and cheese. He ate that once a day. Then he turned 3 and stopped eating vegtables. Nice.
that is AWESOME!
Post a Comment