Thursday, January 14, 2010

First day of school

OK, so not school, but Mother's Day Out!! Hannah started Mother's Day Out Wednesday. I was full of mixed emotions. I was so excited to have half a day (5 hours) to myself, but I missed my princess so much!!

Here she is before we left the house

I have been thinking about today for a week. I've been so nervous that she wouldn't sleep and that would just lead to her being so fussy and the poor nursery workers would never want her to come back.

Last night I wrote out her schedule and carefully packed her diaper bag.

Food - check
Diapers- check
Wipes - check
Extra outfit - check
changing pad - check
bottle - check

Everything was ready.....but was I?

We got up this morning and rushed around trying to make it out the door at 8:40 (I realize this is not that early, but we both slept a little late today!)

Anyway, I dropped her off and was off to hobby lobby. Then I headed home and got my house clean (cleaner than it's been in probably 8 months!) and then worked on some crafty things. I was on a mad dash to get as much done as possible before 1:00, when I left the house to run one more errand before picking her up at 2:00.

With all of this said, Hannah did WONDERFUL. I'm so glad and was so relieved when I picked her up and they said she napped and ate well. Whew!

I know that 5 hours is not that long, but it's the longest amount of time I've ever left her. Now that I know how well she did....I'm counting down the days until the next Mother's Day Out day!

1 comments:

Strange family said...

what precious pictures! i'm jealous of that five hours! :)