Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tears

So, It's become a joke among our friends that Wes and I do not have tear ducts and that Hannah was going to be born without tear ducts. We just aren't criers. Neither one of us...and luckily, neither is Hannah. However, she certainly DOES have them and that proved be true when we got her two month shots. Mommy also discovered hers were still in working order as well. haha. Sad day.
Anyway, ever since we've had Hannah I've become so much more of a crier. Today, while driving to my sister's house for lunch this song came on the radio. I lost it. It made me happy, sad and just overall emotional. Hannah is already almost 4 months old. How in the world does time go by so fast? It really is true that we're going to wake up one day and it's going to be Hannah's wedding day.


Some would probably say it's my hormones, but I'm convinced that this little girl has forever changed me. Maybe it's because I now fully understand the love that parents have for their children, which reminds me of the love that our Father has for me.

Or maybe it's because when Wes looks at Hannah I see the love that pours out through his smile. Or how Hannah already adores her daddy so much.

And maybe it's just because I'm so incredibly thankful, grateful and blessed with the life that God has chosen for me.

For whatever reason, I don't mind it. It's good to cry every now and then, especially for all of these reasons. I love my sweet family.




4 comments:

The Skaggs said...

What a good post!

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

Oh, I can SO relate!!!! I'll never forget how I cried when each of my children was born, at their shots (all of them!), and at all the little things that make being a Mommy so special. You are right! You are truly changed forever.

Tamala said...

I'm about to cry just reading your post. I am so happy for you and Hannah probably has changed you, but it's good change.

Strange family said...

I'm balling my eyes out! I love the pics of Wes and Hannah. The love our Father has for his children is overwhelmingly amzing. :)