I'm tired, guys. Last night Ethan slept a total of about 4 hours. A lot of that time was spent sleeping on me, so I only slept about 3 hours. Today I'm grumpy and on edge (Wes would agree to that, for sure!). Ethan has never been a great sleeper. On average, he's up about 4 times a night. A good night is him waking to eat once and then another time just to make sure we're all still there, I guess. So, for 6 months and 18 days, I've been awake during the night more than I've slept during the night. I'm beyond exhausted most days and my eyes burn from not being closed enough. I told my friend Ashley today that I have to be careful not to close my eyes at stop lights because I may just doze off. (So if you see me coming, you may want to switch lanes and stay away - ha!)
I sat to read blogs before going to bed tonight to let my mind rest and relax after bathing, feeding and bargaining with a 2 year old all day. 3 of my friends' blogs encouraged me so much to be grateful for every stage of life and in every circumstance. And for those 3 girls, I'm so thankful. Thank you Mariann, Amy Kerr and The Fords.
After all, what is there not to be thankful for?
Love these two so much!
Goodnight, friends.
If you need to chat, I'll probably be up tonight at 11:30, 2:00, 4:30 and 6:00 - ha!


2 comments:
Right there with you, sista. Text me anytime if you need help staying awake. I'm probably up, too.
I am so sorry Shelly! Sawyer was the same way at that age, and still at 15 months, wakes once or twice! It is so so hard! Thinking about you!
Post a Comment