Monday, December 19, 2011

Ethan - 7 months!

My baby boy is 7 months old!  He's such a sweetheart and is learning so much these days. 


He rolls everywhere he wants to go and is sitting so well. He's even gotten up on all fours,(with a little assistance) but no action yet. Once he starts crawling, watch out. This boy is so ready to take off and explore the world.  He doesn't sit still for long and is constantly looking around. There can be NO distractions while he's trying to eat or it just doesn't happen.  


Ethan is growing some hair, but you have to look really close.  My guess is that by March he's going to have some obvious hair...I'm going to miss his bald head, but for some reason I feel like it may return in his 20's - ha! Ethan still doesn't sleep very well at night.  He takes 2 good naps a day and a little cat nap in the evening. He goes to bed for the night at 8:00, but usually is up to eat or just to "talk" about 3-4 times a night.  A good night is him waking twice, with 4 hours between each wake time. 


At 7 months, Ethan:

  • Wears 6-9 month clothes
  • Wears size 2 diapers
  • Wears about a size 2 shoe
  • Weighs about 16 pounds
  • Has no teeth yet
  • Nurses every 3 hours, eats solids in the morning, lunch time and late afternoon
  • Sleeps half the night in his crib and half the night in his swing
  • Is sitting alone
  • Is babbling all the time
  • Says "Dada"
  • Wants to eat what we eat, so badly
  • Adores his big sister
  • Likes being outdoors
  • Isn't fond of car trips 
  • Goes to bed at night at around 8:00 p.m.
  • Wakes up for the day at around 8:00 a.m. (with many wake times in the night)
  • Naps for 1 hour or an hour and a half in the morning
  • Naps for about 2 hours in the afternoon
  • Naps around 45 minutes in the evening 
  • Blows rasberries all day
  • Loves toys and chewing on a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g
  • Loves puffs and mum-mums
  • Is starting to reach to us when we lean to pick him up - love it!
  • Loves grabbing mommy's hair
  • Saves his belly laughs for specials moments, but sounds so cute when he giggles

Ethan, you continue to be the most precious little boy to us. Your personality is so sweet and I just want to eat you up when you give me a big, toothless smile.  I love your chubby cheeks and I kiss them as often as I can.  As much as I want you to stay a baby forever, I'm so looking forward to you getting older and joining in all the fun with your sister and cousins.  I know you are going to be such a sweet boy!

I love you, little buddy! 
post signature

3 comments:

Amy said...

He is absolutely adorable!!

Ashley said...

I love that little head :)

Lindsay said...

He is not 7 months old. Stop lying ;)