Ethan woke up at 3:00 and 5:30 last night to eat. After he ate at 5:30 I put him in his swing and then he slept until 8:15 this morning, and so did I! We played for a few minutes and then I fed him and dressed him. Hannah woke up at 8:45 and I got her dressed, fixed her hair, she ate a cereal bar for breakfast and we were out the door to Chuck E Cheese! She had a great time and decided to get an air head as her prize. Imagine that - she picked candy!
We got home at around 11:30 and Hannah ate a hot dog and banana while I fed Ethan. Hannah watched Mickey Mouse after lunch and Ethan played under his play gym while I unloaded the dishwasher, made my bed and picked up a little. (Does anyone else feel like "picking up" is a daily task?!) Hannah went down for a nap at 12:20 Ethan sat on the couch for a few minutes and he went to sleep at 12:45.
Ethan woke up at 2:00 and I fed him and we vegged on the couch and watched TV, which is what I did the entire time today during nap! I don't feel guilty about it at all - ha! Hannah didn't take her normal long nap and woke up at about 2:45. Luckily, just as she was waking up my friend Tamala texted to see if we wanted to come play. Hannah had lots of fun with Ella. At 4:45 we left Tamala's and ran by my friend Ashley's for a few minutes and now we are home. Hannah played with her left over tokens for Chuck E Cheese FOREVER. I'm not sure why there were so entertaining, but it was great. Hannah isn't much into playing with toys these days, so anything that occupies her for longer than 20 seconds is always a good thing.
(Don't tell Wes she was sitting on the coffee table)
While Hannah played, Ethan and I worked on tummy time. He's rolled over one time, but I think it was just a fluke. He hasn't done it since then, but he sure is trying.
Wes decided to get off a little early, so I started getting dinner ready a little earlier than normal. Wes has been working 7-6 Monday through Friday for the past several weeks, so it was nice to have him home just a little early, which is the normal time he gets home when he's not working over time.
We had bacon and eggs tonight, and Hannah had a pop tart with hers. She saw that we were eating breakfast and asked for a pop tart...wasn't quite sure how to explain to her that it wasn't actually breakfast time, so I let her eat it, but she ate everything else, too.
After dinner we went in the front yard and Hannah ate some icecream. She found it when I was getting something out of the freezer and I told her if she ate good she could have it. She remembered. After that we went to the backyard and went swimming.
Wes and I watched. (Ethan was in my lap)
I bathed Hannah outside in her swimming pool. Don't judge! Hannah has fought her bath so much lately and I figured it wouldn't hurt to just bathe her outside. After that I came in and bathed Ethan. I love two clean babies lathered in baby lotion!! I tried to get them to take a picture together, but instead Ethan laughed at Hannah....
While she sat on the arm of the chair.
We had bacon and eggs tonight, and Hannah had a pop tart with hers. She saw that we were eating breakfast and asked for a pop tart...wasn't quite sure how to explain to her that it wasn't actually breakfast time, so I let her eat it, but she ate everything else, too.
After dinner we went in the front yard and Hannah ate some icecream. She found it when I was getting something out of the freezer and I told her if she ate good she could have it. She remembered. After that we went to the backyard and went swimming.
Wes and I watched. (Ethan was in my lap)
I bathed Hannah outside in her swimming pool. Don't judge! Hannah has fought her bath so much lately and I figured it wouldn't hurt to just bathe her outside. After that I came in and bathed Ethan. I love two clean babies lathered in baby lotion!! I tried to get them to take a picture together, but instead Ethan laughed at Hannah....
While she sat on the arm of the chair.
Will I ever have a good picture of them together?
Both kids were bathed and in bed by 8:30. That's a rare thing these days. Since Wes isn't getting home until 6:30, we typically play outside until dark since it isn't soooo hot by that time and by the time we make it in for baths, it's close to 9:00 or later before both babies are sleeping.
Wesley is outside doing a little work on his shop and I'm about to pick up dishes from dinner, relax and go to bed. We have nothing on the agenda for tomorrow, so we'll see what the day holds...







2 comments:
Ethan is preciousss....and of course Little Miss has my heart too :)
Laughing at you bathing Hannah in the swimming pool...I've entertained that idea more than once with Madeline! She loves her baths, but it seems like such a convenient thing to do! Ha!
Post a Comment