Monday, August 15, 2011

Week in the Life - Day 1

About a month ago, Kelly from Kelly's Korner did a "week in the life" post about her daily routine/schedule. I thought it was a great idea to record the day-to-day life with a toddler and 3 month old.  My blog is the only written memories I have of our life, so I think it will be fun to record everything and read it in 20 years and wish I had my little babies to snuggle with again!  I'll probably try to do a similar post every few months since things are constantly changing. It might be boring to some of you, but it's my life.

This morning everyone woke up at 8:00 a.m. It was like an alarm went off. I opened my eyes, heard little Hannah saying "mommmmmmy" and stopped by Ethan's room and he was awake, too.  This 8:00 a.m. time didn't come without a few awake times in the night for little Ethan. He woke up at 1:00 and 4:00 to eat. At 6:00 a.m. he woke up and I put him in his swing and he slept for 2 more hours. 

I fed Ethan and dressed him.  Hannah ate a honey bun for breakfast, with a few yogurt raisins because I wasn't in the mood to fight with her. Then I put this pink dress on Hannah and she said she was "pinkalicious" and wanted pig tails. So then we headed to the bathroom to fix her hair.  She actually sat really still, which is not always typical.  Once I threw some clothes on and brushed my teeth, we headed out the door to play with some friends at McDonald's. 


After playing for about an hour and a half and a near-meltdown, we headed home for lunch.  


Hannah ate about 1/3 of her lunch.  She's not a great eater these days.  Oh well, makes things last a little longer and gives her left overs for the rest of the week.  Ethan and I sat with Hannah while she ate for a few minutes and then we headed to clean her room.


Ethan sat on Hannah's bed while I cleaned.  Hannah helps clean sometimes, but I needed to dust and have everything off the floor so I could vacuum, so I just did it real quick.

By noon both kiddos were sleepy, so they went down for naps.  I got a load of laundry going, ate lunch, played on My Digital Studio, cleaned out my closet, had a quiet time and picked up around the house.

At 2:00 Ethan woke up and we played and talked for about 15 minutes, I fed him, he watched me fold clothes and dust his room and then we played and had tummy time until he went back to sleep at 3:15. I had a little more down time until Hannah woke up at  3:30, so I answered emails and read blogs.


When Hannah woke up we had a snack, colored and played.  Ethan woke up at 4:00 from his 3:15 nap. At some point this afternoon Hannah watched an episode of Dora so I could vacuum and Ethan sat and kicked in his bouncer.

(her left pig tail kinda got shoved to the back of her head -ha!)

Ethan went back to sleep at 5:30 (he still naps pretty often) and woke up at around 6:30. Our cousins came over at 5:45 to play. This was the hi-light of Hannah's day. She looooves her cousins.

This was the only time I could get them all together (minus Ethan)...watching Princess and the Frog for a few minutes before dinner.

After they left at around 8:15 we relaxed a little and Hannah went to sleep at around 8:45 and Ethan went to sleep at around 9:30. Now I'm off to bed, too!

I know this was really boring to some of you, but I'm going to love having it. You can expect the next 4 days to be just as exciting - ha!


4 comments:

Ashley said...

Love this...I want to do this soon also. Great idea!

Emily said...

This is neat! I've been wanting to do this too.

SkinnyMeg said...

I did one of these a while ago and it's nice to go back and read and see how things have changed! You are so busy, I usually take a nap when my 2 year old is napping :) We get up at 5 am everyday though! ha!

The Gentry's said...

Love this! May have to steal this idea:-)