Finally, after 12 months and 2 days, Ethan has been consistently sleeping through the night for the past 7 nights...(but who's counting?!) I seriously thought this day would never come. I was prepared for another year of sleepless nights, but something clicked and he's got it - FINALLY!
He must have heard his pediatrician last week tell me that it was time to let him cry it out because I was forming bad habits for Ethan in the future. That must have not sounded like too much fun to him either because that night is when he slept all night and I haven't heard a peep from him since. Yahooooo!
Also at that appointment I talked to Dr. B about Ethan's coordination. I felt like Ethan was coordinated enoguh to clap, wave and point, but he just never did it. He would get really excited and hit his knees instead of clapping. I just wanted to make sure everything was OK so I ran it by our doctor. The doctor said since everything seemed to be good with Ethan's speech, etc., he wasn't concerned at this point. Well, wouldn't you know that this week he also started clapping and waving. ...and playing LOTS of peekaboo...
The Lord is so faithful to calm my worries at the perfect time. So apparently Ethan's inability to clap and wave was keeping him up at night, and now that he's conquered both with flying colors, he's able to rest easy. Sheesh, if I knew that was the case I would have worked much harder to get his coordination down sooner - ha! Or maybe it was his birthday cake that did it....?
Sleeping or not, clapping or not, this little guy melts my heart every day... but I sure am grateful to have a sleeping, healthy, happy baby!




0 comments:
Post a Comment