Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hannah - 3 Years

My precious Hannah Banana. I don't even know where to start.  I can't believe we are celebrating your third birthday already.  It seems like yesterday that your surprise arrival was happening.  The joy that me and daddy felt on that day was beyond what we could have imagined, and the past 3 years with you has been nothing short of amazing.  I'll never forget the day that we became parents.  Little did I know what you had in store for us.


You've hit so many milestones in your little life, and this year was no exception.  You continue to amaze me each day.  Everyday we hold little "adult" conversations, although it's usually about barbies, Cinderella, dress up, coloring or play doh.  You are so grown up at times and you want to do everything by yourself.   I'll often round the corner and see you going to the potty all by yourself, but then there are other times that you are determined for me to help you. This goes for getting dressed, putting on shoes and brushing your teeth.


It tickles me to death to hear you play by yourself.  You have such an imagination and it's the sweetest thing.  I hear you disciplining your babies and then loving on them and calling them sweetheart and telling them how much you love them.  It always makes me think about what I say to you and how much you pick up on.


Your favorite things to do right now is basically anything with mommy or daddy.  You play well when you are by yourself, but you don't play by yourself often.  You usually want someone at least in the room with you.  You enjoy having picnics, playing the matching game, barbies, squinkies, restaurant, playing birthday parties, baby dolls and dressing up.  There's not usually a day that goes by that you don't have your Cinderella, Snow White or Sleeping Beauty dress on, at least for a little while. I have to convince you to take it off to go in public, but I don't always win, and that's OK with me. You definitely thrive on the attention you get when people call you Snow White in public.


We got rid of your pacifier (finally) in February of this year and it's been a rough little ride for all of us.  You are getting better each day, but your motivation to hop into bed and sleep is gone.  Once you finally fall asleep, you sleep like a champ.  You nap about 3 hours in the afternoon and are now sleeping for about 10 hours at night, which has decreased since saying goodbye to the beloved paci. I can't complain and I know your napping days won't last forever.


You have been potty trained since August and you do wonderful.  You still occasionally have an accident when napping, but it's only when you are too strong willed to potty before nap. When you get it in your mind that you don't need to go, you seriously won't go.  You will sit there, but just won't potty.  I'm getting brave and starting to not leave the house with backup clothes.  I'm sure I just jinxed everything.


 We have really good days together 90% of the time, but that 10% of sass nearly kills me when it comes out.  You've developed an attitude over the past couple of months and we are working together to overcome the back talk and being ugly.  You are quick to correct things and apologize and you truly have a sweet spirit that seems to be remorseful when you hurt someone.  I know the Lord will use all aspects of your personality to glorify Him.


You are equal parts of prissy and athletic. You twirl and do ballerina spins all day long, but then you go outside and literally dribble a soccer ball (correctly) all the way across the yard.  You are dainty and love lip gloss and nail polish, but you run hard on your feet and love playing catch and digging in dirt. You love bugs as much as you love flowers. You are a great mix! 

At 3 YEARS OLD....

  • You wear 2T-3T clothes
  • You are becoming a better eater, but you love your junk, too.
  • Weigh 28 pounds (23%)
  • 35 inches tall (11%)
  • Wear a size 8 shoe
  • Love dancing and twirling
  • You will start dance class in the fall
  • You will also start kids praise (choir) in the fall
  • You have a huge vocabulary
  • You are starting to learn how to ride your bike with training wheels
  • You love being outside with daddy
  • You absolutely love dressing up
  • Can count to about 12 without mess ups
  • Know the ABC's, only missing a couple of letters every now and then
  • You like to sing songs and put several songs together to make a new version
  • Reading isn't your number 1 choice, but you do sit and enjoy books every now and then. We read to you every night.
  • Starting to say some really sweet prayers 
  • Love your cousins more than anyone
  • completely potty trained - August 2011
  • Said so long to the pacifier in February
  • Nap about 2-3 hours in the afternoons
  • Sleep from about 9:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
  • LOVE school on Tuesdays. Definitely the hi-light of your week
  • Enjoy going to the park, zoo and any other fun activity away from home
  • You love to paint and bake cookies and play play doh at home
Hannah Kate, you are far more than I could have ever imagined that you would be.  You are truly a treasure to our family.  I can't even remember you as a baby, but I'm so proud of the little girl you have become.  You are the most beautiful thing to us and we tell you that multiple times a day.  God has made you perfect, just the way you are, and we are so thankful that he's chosen you for our family.  Your smile makes our hearts melt and your laughter can light up a room. As I reminisce on the past 3 years I'm truly speechless.  From your blonde hair to your pink toenails, I love every inch of you more than I thought possible.


Kisses..... and Hugs, too sweet girl.

post signature

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy birthday, Hannah!

Amanda said...

Such a cutie! Happy birthday!

Ashley said...

Such a sweet, sweet girl! Happy Birthday, Hannah!

Kayla said...

Happy birthday to sweet Hannah!

Emily said...

Happy birthday, Hannah!

Nicole Garvey said...

your posts about your kids ALWAYS makes me cry! You are such a great mommy :)