Wow! I know this phrase is overused, but this year has flown by. It seems like yesterday that we were welcoming our precious baby boy into the world. I remember that day like it was yesterday, and here we are at your one year birthday!
Ethan,
The last year has been a whirlwind of emotions. You are such a sweetheart and your smile makes my heart so, so happy. It's been so fun watching you grow from a 6 lb. 10 oz baby to a healthy 19 pound boy. You live your days looking for trouble and aggravating your sister.
Your beautiful eyes and your bald head gain you most of your attention. I can't get enough of your sweet head on my cheek and your big, brown eyes staring back at me as I make you laugh.
On May 19 a year ago I could have never imagined how life would be in a year. I'm beyond grateful for what the Lord has blessed us with in you. The second I met you I felt a special connection with you. It's so true that loving a little boy is so different than loving a little girl. You have stolen my heart in a whole new way and I'm afraid of what that might mean for me in the future - ha! I'm afraid you will pretty much get a way with everything!
Who could resist this sweetness?!
This past year with you has strengthened my relationship with the Lord and with your daddy. We've had many hard times and struggles with your health, but it's all been beyond worth it. You still aren't the best sleeper at night, but I guess your day time sleep makes up for it. You still take a morning nap and my guess is that you will continue to do that for several more months. You sleep 2-3 hours in the afternoons and you are usually ready for bed by 7:30. When you are awake you are moving, moving, moving. You aren't walking yet, but you have taken a couple of baby steps and you are standing up on your own.
Milestones you've reached this year:
- Rolling from stomach to back and back to stomach
- Smiling
- Sitting up
- Sitting from laying
- Rolling across the floor
- Crawling
- Pulling up
- Standing alone
- Climbing
- Self-feeding
- Clapping (you usually hit your knees instead of hitting your hands together)
- You just started "dancing"
You typically repeat ANY sound we make, but some of your regular words are:
- Hannah - You say her name so clearly 100 times a day!
- Milk
- Ball
- Diaper
- No, No, No
- Night-Night
- Daddy
- Mommy
- Bye
At one year you:
- Self feed yourself almost everything - been off baby food for about a month
- Wear size 3 diapers
- Wear mainly 3-6 month bottoms and 12 month tops
- Drink whole milk from a sippy cup
- Nurse morning and night
- Still just have two bottom teeth
- Sleep 11-12 hours at night, waking once for a minute of cuddle time
- Love aggravating your sister. You pull her hair and just giggle, giggle (she takes enough of your toys away for us to think this is funny - ha!)
- Cruising around furniture and acting more brave about walking soon
- Hiss like a snake
- "pop" your lips at us
- Getting interested in books
- Love playing with toys, sticks, brushes...anything within reach
Sweet Ethan, you steal this momma's heart all over again every day, with every breath you take. I'm so thankful for you and the little boy you are becoming. You are so curious and active and I just laugh at you the majority of the day. I think you like to think you are 3 and can do everything sister does...you sure try, at least. As excited as I am to see you grow and interact, I'm sad to see my baby growing up so fast. No matter what, you'll always be my sweet baby boy.
Love, Mommy





4 comments:
It WAS yesterday! That last picture is to-die for! Happy birthday, Ethan.
He is absolutely precious and such a blessing! love that little guy! hope he had a fabulous birthday!
Hey Shelly! Is he really ONE already? I love that he still has a bald head- how cute is he?! Your letter to Ethan was too sweet. So, I just saw your comment and immediately started a Scramble game with you! Thanks for sharing your username! I'm not too good myself, but for some reason, I'm addicted to the game! There weren't any second dates with that guy- he was nice and all, but I knew by some things he said on our date that he wasn't what I was looking for in a husband. Now, I'm back to the waiting world...and it seems to be okay with me. No sense in settling. :) You're too kind- I'm at a point right now where I feel like I'm in a fashion rut. Luckily summer is close and I'll be cleaning out my closet and trading in some old for new. I think it's funny that you said we're alike in ways that we WISH we were in real life. Haha. You're fun to have as a "blog friend" since you don't live in FL and I don't live in TX! :) I love the blog world too! Good catchin' up with you!
So so sweet!
Post a Comment