Monday, May 21, 2012

Two big birthday parties

On May 12, Hannah and Marley celebrated their 3rd birthday  together at sonic.  This was their first party with friends, so we tried to keep it as low key as possible.  Each of the girls invited about 4 friends. They had been talking about their "Dora and Boots party at sonic" for months, and it did not dissapoint.  The girls had a blast. 


The party favors for their friends were these little buckets with their names on them to play with at the party.  They were a hit!


One of the hilights of they party was of course, the cake. The girls did great blowing out their candles. It took Marley a couple of good blows, but she got it!


Me and my birthday girl.  She was not interested in pictures at this point. 


Sweet birthday cousins!


Love these big 3 year olds!!

Next on on agenda was Ethan's 1st birthday. I wasn't as emotional as I thought I may be.  To be quite honest, the 1st year for me is hard.  The waking up in the night, crying and not knowing what's wrong, nursing constantly, their frustration in wanting to do things and not being big enough to do it, etc.  So, I actually look forward to my kids turning one. Of course I'm sad that Ethan is considered a toddler now, but I look forward to the days ahead, too. 

We had a surf theme for him.


We just had family come and it was perfect.  This little boy is so special to so many people.

The colors I used were green, orange and blue.  
My awesome husband even cut out surf boards and I painted them to match the theme colors.


I made some nutter butter flip flops and the kids liked them.  I'm not sure you could really tell they were flip flops, but they didn't mind!


Earlier in the week Hannah made some number "1" cookies for Ethan's party.  After they baked you couldn't really tell that they were number "1", but she still had a great time cutting them out and icing them all by herself.  I told her we could serve them at the party and she was really excited. 


Ethan loved all his presents.  He didn't sit still very long to open them, but he has LOVED playing with everything.  He's obsessed with the tool set he got from the Hayes family, has figured out how to put basket balls into the hoop that Aunt Jenn, Uncle James and Andrew got him, he loves to "vroom vroom" the bus around that KK, Big B and Grayson got and he likes flipping through the pages of the book the Johnson's got.  So far we haven't ripped any pages!  I know he'll love the light up sketchers Nana and Grandpa got and the chair Granna and PawPaw Jerry got when he figures out how to not topple out of it!


Now, on to the cake....Hannah helped blow out the candle.


And soon after, Ethan DEVOURED it. Hands weren't doing the job, so he just went after it with his mouth.


He loved it!
My sweet birthday boy!


I would love to report that after all the fun and excitement, he slept all night long.  Too bad that wasn't the case.  Maybe after his second birthday!?

We love this little guy so much and we had so much fun celebrating him!


One last thing I want to include so I'll have it written down is that we went to Ethan's well check this morning and he weighs 18.6 pounds (3%) and was 29.9 inches tall (55%). Love my long and lean little guy - where on earth does he get that!? ha!
post signature

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love both of these. So cute! The surfboard table decorations are fabulous.

The Gentry's said...

Your babies are just precious! I love that pic of Marley and Hannah hugging;-) You throw a great party girl!