Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Projects

Within the past few months I've spent most of my free time (Hannah's nap time) taking a nap myself. I've been so exhausted in the afternoons and I just can resist my big, comfy couch.  Well, I've gotten to where I'm not sleeping too well at night, so I'm trying not to nap as much during the days so that I'll be dead tired at bedtime. So, I've been filling my time with a few little projects.

One of them is a birth announcement I did for my friend Lindsay.  She had the sweetest little boy in January. I loved designing this owl themed announcement.


I also designed my best friend, Ashley's, daughter's announcements.  Is this not the sweetest little thing you've ever seen?


What a doll.  It was easy to do these announcements since the babies are so sweet and precious.  It makes me really excited to meet our little Ethan soon!

A project I finished this week was making Ethan's lamp for his bedroom.  I've shopped and shopped for lamps in stores and online, and there's really nothing that is boyish to match his room that I was able to find. So, I decided I would try to make something. 


It actually turned out really good - which is shocking for most of my homemade projects! I used the same fabric that my mom used for his bedding. His room is really starting to come together and I'm ordering the dresser this week.  I'm waiting on a few things I've ordered to come in and once I get those things hung, I'll just be waiting on my little man to arrive. 12 weeks and counting! 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hello Martha....that shade s stinkin' awesomeeee! And you've gotten so good at the announcements! That baby with the big flower definitely won the gene lottery...dang she is cute! :) 12 weeks until Ethan? Couldn't believe it when I read that...crazinesssss.

Lindsay said...

Look at those precious babies :) Cannot wait to add Mr. Ethan into the mix!