Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Corpus Christi

Wes and I went to Corpus for Labor Day weekend with my parents. It was a long drive, but well worth it. I grew up going to Galveston several times a year, so Corpus was a real treat for me! We always loved going to the beach as kids, but the older we have gotten, we've realized how brown the water is and how much seaweed is on that beach. Yuck. So, the whiteish sand and greenish/blueish water was awesome!


We always tease my dad about being crazy and needing medication, but these pictures from this weekend really proved that we are right! haha!







Crazy Man!

Here is one picture I captured of my mom and dad where my dad was not being goofy. Aren't they precious!?
While we were there Wesley tried out windsurfing. They had to go to a different part of the beach where we were staying, so I never got to watch him, but from the pictures and stories, I think he picked up on it pretty quickly. I'm not surprised!

The last night we were there we went to a steakhouse. It was SO YUMMY and you could tell we were the only non-locals there. We were the only ones there that were burnt and I even noticed the table behind us didn't even use menus to order.


So the first trip to the beach with Hannah was a success! We are so glad. The beach has always been our favorite place to go and so we would have had major problems if Hannah didn't love it as much as we do. haha.

On our way back to Tyler we stopped in Houston to see Wesley's side of the family. It was a short visit, but I think everyone was glad to get a little snuggle time with Hannah. I was so exhausted from traveling at that point that I didn't even think about taking pictures. Next time!

Today Hannah and I are catching up on laundry, cleaning house and relaxing. Funny how you need a vacation after a vacation, huh?

2 comments:

Strange family said...

I'm right there with you needing a vacation after a vacation! Looks like ya'll had a blast! Love all the pictures!

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

The pictures of your dad made me laugh out loud! He's a hoot!!!

Hannah is adorable!!!! Love the picture in the sun hat!!!