Wednesday, May 1, 2013

4 years old!

Hannah is 4 today! She is so grown up and I really think this is my favorite age so far.  Just a few weeks ago it's like she matured so much over night.  She has started playing so well by herself and I hear the sweetest things coming from her room all day while she's playing with her baby dolls and squinkies.


Hannah's favorite toy, by far, is her squinkies.  She has a ton of these little things and she plays with them every day. She chooses a mommy, daddy, sisters, brothers, pets and sets up rooms for them and just has so much fun.


She still loves crafts and painting and playdoh.  She colors so well!  She's started drawing faces and some shapes and I'm really amazed at how steady her hand is.  She goes to the potty all by herself and she can dress and undress herself.  Depending on the shoe, she can do that on her own too.  It's so nice most days, but it's a constant reminder of how she's becoming so independent.


All Hannah wears to bed is nightgowns. She doesn't like pajama sets.  The longer to the ground the night gown is, the better.  I think she feels like a true princess.  Her favorite place to sleep is.....my bed.  Bad habit!! Each night we put her in her bed and sometime between midnight and 4:00 a.m. she makes her way to our bed.  I would be lying if I said it bothered me. I love her little snuggles and I know they wont' last forever....even though she is a bed hog.


We discovered this year that Hannah isn't a fan of winter - just like her mom.  She hates the bulky clothes and would much rather be in a sundress with flip flops eating a popsicle. This little girl loves the beach! 

Lastly, Hannah is a MAJOR momma's girl. She wants me all the time.  Probably because she knows I'm the push over out of Wes and I.  She can get away with a little more with mommy! 

At 4 years Hannah:

  • Weighs about 30 pounds
  • Is 37 inches tall 
  • Goes to bed around 9:00
  • Wakes up between 7:30 and 8:30 each morning 
  • Has completed her first year of dancing
  • Completed 1 year of choir
  • Has been in pre-school for 2 years
  • Completed a year of swim lessons
  • Can write her name and recognize it
  • Can idenitfy most letters of the alphabet and knows the alphabet 
  • Has started spelling 3-4 letter words
  • Knows the months of the year
  • Knows the months of the year
  • Can count to about 17 and recongnize numbers 
  • Can climb up the cabinet and get a cup and fix her own water
  • Brushes her own teeth (with a little assistance)
  • Bathes herself (with help)
  • Is more tech savvy on an iphone than mommy
  • Can ride a bike with training wheels
  • Loves to hop on one foot
  • Has an opinion on how we fix her hair each day and what she wears
  • Likes water a lot more than she has in the past
  • Calls me mom 10% of the time and mommy the other 90% 

My life changed 4 years ago today. It's so much sweeter with this little girl in it! 

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Beautiful! Happy birthday, Hannah! I can't believe it has been 4 years. It feels more like 2 since I watched you open a little pink package after your sonogram with her :)

Emily said...

Happy birthday to Hannah! She is so pretty! :-)