Monday, May 27, 2013

summer time

We love summer time around here.  The days are longer and everyone seems a little more relaxed.  I love all the outdoor activities and how much fun the kids having running circles in our back yard.  We have definitely been taking advantage of some of the nice evenings, before things get too hot.

One of our favorite family activities is going on a walk at night.  


Wes would probably laugh at that comment because I'm not usually all about our walks.  Our dog jerks my arm off and the wagon is like 100 pounds and I just don't like exercise in general. But, on the rare occasion that our kids are behaving and not fighting in the wagon and our dog isn't dragging me, we enjoy our time together. 

For some reason this summer we have gotten alot of donuts.  Hannah asks me 4 times a week for a sprinkle donut.  I don't always agree, but sometimes I do.  Both the kids love them.  

Donuts before church on Sunday...


Another favorite thing during the summer is sonic and icecream.  The kids (especially Ethan) have now associated playing at sonic with icecream!


It doesn't help that there are pictures of sundaes all over the menu.

One of Ethan's favorite toys from his birthday is this water and sand race car track thing that Aunt Jenn, Uncle James and Andrew gave him. It's the best!


Gotta have our summer time sunglasses...


We joined a pool this summer and today was our first time to go.  The kids had a blast. Wes was with us, so it might be a little more challenging when he's not there to help keep an eye on two little ones that can't swim.  Hannah is learning and in fact, has swim lessons next week. 


One of my most favorite things about summer time is peeking out the back window and seeing Wes working in his shop.  During the winter he has it closed, but when it's hot he keeps the door open.


He's working on end tables to go with the coffee table he built a couple of months ago. Love his ability to build things and I love watching him in action! 

I'm looking forward to many more summer days like the ones we have been having...but first we have to move and get settled in the new house....no fun! 

(not sure why my vertical pictures from my phone are looking smashed...blogger is difficult to figure out sometimes)

0 comments: