Thursday afternoon we headed to my parents house to drop our kids off so that Wes and I could enjoy some alone time at the beach. I know I've mentioned this 1,000 times, but the beach is definitely our favorite vacation spot. We prefer nice white beaches with blue waters, but sometimes Galveston has to do! We left the kids with my parents and headed to Crystal Beach.
Friday morning when we got the the beach we unpacked and then decided we wanted to take a ride on the beach in the golf cart we rented. The only problem is that it was freeeeezing. So, we headed back to the cabin and decided to take the ferry ride to Galveston for the day and eat and shop.
Friday afternoon/evening it warmed up and we went back on the beach and that evening we went to dinner on the water and it was really nice.
(all my pictures were with my phone and pretty much all came out bad!)
Saturday morning (after sleeping until 10!!!) my parents came up and stayed the night and brought our kids to us. As much as we enjoyed our alone time, our kids also love the beach so we thought we would let them join us.
Ethan fussed alot of the trip because he just didn't sleep well being away from home, but he managed to have a GOOD time in the sand!
Hannah, as always, loved the sand and had a great time.
It was too cold to ever get in bathing suits, but the kids didn't seem to mind. Ethan was not a fan of the water anyway...every time a wave wold crash he would say: NO!!! It was really funny and I'm actually glad he didn't like it, otherwise I'm afraid i would have been chasing him in the water all day.
Ethan with his FILTHY beach face driving the golf cart - his favorite thing to do, I think.
We had a great time, even though we didn't come home with awesome tans. I love spending time away with my family and it was a bonus to have my mom and dad there on Saturday! We will definitely do this again soon!





0 comments:
Post a Comment