100 times a day I have a selfish desire that I think, if only, or what if, etc. The top 10 things I would LOVE right now is:
- To eat a snack or meal without having to share it with two other mouths. Constantly. Everything.
- To be at my house alone for several hours. Not just kids napping, but to be completely alone to clean, sleep, focus, breathe.
- To have ONE DAY - JUST ONE with two happy babies. Ethan is in a state of constant fussiness and by 5:00 every day I'm totally mentally and physically drained.
- To have my 3 year old listen without bribery.
- To have millions in the bank so my husband wouldn't have to work and could be home more than 2 hours a night with us.
- Time to shop regularly and not have to reach for my default outfit every time I open my closet.
- A nanny to come sit with my kids during nap time so I could go grocery shopping without kids.
- For an activity to last more than 5 minutes. I often drag out tables, plates, napkins, pic nic blankets, etc. so we can play restaurant and it lasts 45 seconds and then we are on to something else.
- A family photo where everyone is remotely looking at the camera.
- For a house that cleans itself, dishes that wash themselves, laundry that folds itself, grass that mows itself, furniture that dusts itself, floors that vacuum themselves and kids that feed themselves.
Is this really too much to ask?
I say all of this so that one day I can look back and remember how difficult these days were, but how much I loved them. I don't love every minute of being a stay at home mom. In fact, here lately, I've wished I had a job to go to so that I can escape fussiness, whining and messes. But I do look at my life as a blessing, and it's a good thing these kids are so cute or else I'd be at the crazy house!

5 comments:
This may be one of my most favorite posts ever. I laughed so hard. You are a great mommy - and, bonus, they were both looking in that pic. They're precious!
I absolutely love your honesty! Knowing you have some of the same feelings helps me feel sane. You're such a great mom to your sweet kids!
Thanks for being so transparent Shelly- we all struggle in the places we are and its just nice to know we aren't alone :) Its true, those kids are lucky they are so darn cute- I tell kayla that every time she fusses at me :0
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way! :) Y'all are a such a sweet family.
LOVE this! Staying home is so hard.
Post a Comment