Within this past month Ethan has completely changed from an infant/newborn to an all out baby. He's so smiley and giggly all the time. He's so ticklish and I love hearing him squeal. He's very aware of people in the room and we can no longer have any distractions while he's eating, which is very difficult when you have a 2 year old that wants to sit on your lap when you're trying to nurse!
Ethan continues to be an extremely happy baby. If at all possible, I think he even has his sister beat. Hannah was easy, but Ethan has been a breeze. Our only little issue is that Ethan still wakes up several times in the night. It's usually because he's rolled over and is mad because he can't flip back over, or is nestled up into his crib bumper and can't escape. Nonetheless, it wakes him up and he's not happy about it! This makes for a tired momma, but I know it's just a phase. I also noticed 2 little slits in his gums, so teeth are right around the corner, which probably plays a big part in interrupted sleep.
Ethan, at 5 months you:
- Are in size 1 diapers
- Are in a size 1-2 shoe
- Nurse very 2 hours (hoping we can stretch a little more when we start solids)
- Go to bed at 7:30 every night
- Weigh about 13 pounds
- Love people watching and rarely sleep when we are out in about - Don't want to miss a thing.
- Are cooing all the time
- Are rolling from tummy to back and back to tummy
- Are starting to "tripod" sit for very, very short times
- Are cutting 2 bottom teeth
- Enoy the exersaucer for longer periods of times
- Constantly chew on your fingers or a toy
- Love when people talk to you - you just light up
- Still like the ceiling fan when it catches your eye
Ethan, you have such a sweet, sweet demeanor. You are so laid back and you just smile and giggle at everything. It makes my heart so happy to see you loving life so much. Your little belly laugh just makes me smile. You have the funniest facial expressions and anyone who has been around you longer than a few minutes comments about it. I find it incredibly difficult at night to put you down in your bed, because I know it will be hours before I hold you again. I just want to treasure each and every moment with you. You are truly a huge blessing to us.You're exactly what we needed to complete our little family.
I love you, sweet boy!



2 comments:
Such cute pics!!! Love that little boy! He is so adorable and easy to make smile. :-)
He is such a cutie! I love his smile, you can just tell he is a good baby!
Post a Comment