Monday, November 1, 2010

18 months!

Oh, my. Hannah, you are 18 months old! Wow, where has the last year and a half gone?  You have been so busy growing and learning new things. I feel like if I blink, I miss a chapter of your life. 


Some of your favorite activities are:

  • Playing with baby dolls
  • Sliding
  • Swinging
  • Playing with stickers and crayons
  • Anything outdoors
  • Climbing stairs
  • Watching Micky Mouse
  • Watching big kids play
  • Watching videos of yourself on the computer 
  • Brushing your teeth
  • Reading books
  • Bubble baths/water

At 18 months you:

  • Are in size 3 diapers
  • Wear a size 5 shoe
  • Wear 18 month clothes, for the most part
  • Weigh about 20 pounds
  • Repeat everything we say and know about 40-50 words and what they mean
  • Can follow commands
  • Still don't like vegetables
  • Are 100% a mommy's girl right now (I LOVE it!)

The things I love most about this age:

  • Your huge personality
              A few weeks ago when daddy unloaded a slide from the back of the truck, you put your hands on your cheeks, opened your mouth so wide and ran right over to it.  
  •  How you freely give out kisses and hugs to anyone who asks. 
  • How you are so curious about everything.
  • How you are so obedient and listen when we say no. You've always done that, and it's such a blessing!
  • How when we say "I love you," you blow us kisses.
  • How when we tell you to say "please," you sign it and say it. I'm trying to teach you that you no longer need the sign!
  • How you so badly want to be friends with Jersey, and Jersey wants nothing to do with you. 
  • How before you slide or rock on your horse you want us to count to 3.
  • How you are way too big for your high chair these days and must sit at the table with us. 
  • How I understand everything you say, but everyone else could only understand about 10 things you say.
  • How you cuddle after naps and how we HAVE to get your blanket out of the bed with us.
  • How you back up into our laps when we say it's time for a book or shoes and say "lap."
Oh, and there is so much more! Please don't grow up, Hannah. I'm loving every second of our lives together right now! 


2 comments:

Strange family said...

Shelly! I'm in tears! She is precious and you are getting good with Wes' camera!

Ford Family said...

I love these pictures. She is such a doll. I can't believe that our girls are a year and a half!! Where has the time gone??