Monday, September 16, 2013

Castle park

A few months ago we bought a cow from Wesley's grandparents.  A few weeks ago it was time for the calf to be slaughtered for meat.  That whole process is totally new to me. I'm not a country girl at all! But, Wes has been wanting to do this for quite some time so I went with it.

Our meat was being delivered by Wes' parents on Saturday afternoon so that morning Wes went on a hunt for a deep freezer.  While he was gone, me and the kids went to the castle park for some fun.


It was a beautiful day and the kids had a fun time.


Ethan had a blast and enjoyed climbing everything. There were lots of things to climb on and he conquered almost all of them with no help. 


Hannah loves this park and especially likes the tire swing. She also loves sliding. She's such a big girl!


And shortly after we got home, our new freezer looked like this:


Meat, anyone? I guess it's time to start cooking! 

3 comments:

Ashley said...

What on EARTH is that big circle meat thing on the bottom shelf?

Ashley said...

I'm gagging btw.

Ashley said...

And what size of crockpot do u have?