Wednesday, September 25, 2013

zoo day

If you were at the zoo today, I was that mom that let my 2 year old run around with no shoes on.  I put them on him at home and he cried and said he didn't want them. I tried again when we got there and once again, he threw a fit. Instead of having a miserable time at the zoo, I decided to just let him wear no shoes and be "that" mom.  There's my disclaimer. 

So last night I decided to take the kiddos to the zoo today.  We love spending time with our friends, but sometimes I just like being alone with my kiddos so I can really soak them up.


It was a fun time.  They really love each other and they are so sweet to each other (most of the time) when it's just the two of them.  By far, Ethan and Hannah's favorite thing today was the birds. 


They loved feeding them and getting close to them.  I think they were extra frisky with the cooler weather and a couple of them almost flew right into my head a couple of times.  Ethan got a little scared when the birds would hop on his hands, but he would just shake them off and keep feeding them.


We stayed at the birds for a solid 20 minutes.  I'm surprised we made it out alive, and without getting pooped on.


All that bird feeding worked up an appetite and we had to stop for a snack. Hannah would eat snacks all day long.  She was asking for one on the way to the zoo and the entire time we were at the zoo....so she was really excited when I told her it was snack time. 

After snack we headed to the snakes.  This is not my favorite place at the zoo, but both the kids actually like it. Ethan was in awe of the snakes and just starred at them.


I had such a fun time with them today...and dragging 50 pounds up the hills at the zoo was quite the workout.  I took a good nap when we got home!  

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love it! My boys HATE shoes, too :)