**For some reason my signature is appearing at the top of my blog entries instead of the bottom, and I don't have time to figure out how to fix it!**
Back to the post...
It seems like the kids are just growing up by the minute. I don't have time to blog much anymore, but I want to be sure I have as much recorded as possible about what the kids are doing at what time. Ethan is 16 months now and will be 17months on October 19. He is learning SO MUCH, so quick these days. He is really starting to talk alot more and communicating alot better. His teeth bother him A LOT when they are coming in, but it usually just lasts a day or two.
Common words you will hear him say regularly are: daddy, mommy, milk, puppy, woof woof, paci, snack, out, outside, vroom, ball, apple, tractor, shoe, cheese, Mickey, go, bye-bye, bath and diaper . He LOVES shoes and will bring me shoes multiple times a day, back into my lap and want me to put them on him. It can be anyone's shoe and he's been known to steal shoes at playgrounds and bring them to me, too. It's cute trying to see him stand up from my lap and walk in daddy's shoes. He also brings me books all day long and sits in my lap to read them. We usually make it halfway through the book before he's up getting a new one.
Ethan LOVES cars and trucks. He calls everything with wheels a tractor. Anytime he sees a big truck driving by he just stares. Definitely a new thing for us with a boy. He doesn't sit still for ANYTHING, except food when he's really hungry. He's always on the go either running or climbing. The climbing has slowed down just a tad, but he still darts for any opportunity he has to a flight of stairs.
Ethan is getting better at being dropped off at Mother's Day Out and church. He definitely went through a stage of separation anxiety, but he seems to understand now that we will always pick him up. He's definitely my clingy child. Multiple times a day he walks over and hugs me and wants to be held for a few minutes before he's on the go again. At any given time, no matter what he's doing, if I ask for a kiss he will run over and kiss me. MELT.MY.HEART. The sweetest thing about him is that he MUST kiss you on the lips with a big wide open mouth. Last week I had strep throat so I was avoiding giving him kisses on the mouth, but it was hard. He was insisting we kiss on the lips.
Ethan is definitely ALL BOY. He loves being outside and being dirty. It's a miracle if we make it through lunch wearing the same clothes. He likes to rub his food all over the place and he's the first one to spot a mud puddle to play in. I love this about him, because he also has a tender side. He will place his sippy cup on the table when he's done drinking, he loves to clean up and often puts all his cars back in the bucket they go in and he loves for doors to be closed. So even though he's all boy, we have hope that he will be a tough, SWEET boy!
Now on to Hannah...what a JOY she is to us. We have overcome the terrible two's and most days are very pleasant with her. If she ever has a cranky day it's because she didn't get enough sleep or she's not feeling well. Hannah loves crafts of any kind. She's such a sweetheart and will always tell us how much she loves us.
Hannah can be very shy and timid around people she doesn't know. It just reminds me of the sweet spirit she has. She is typically so well mannered and says yes mam and no mam. She seems to be more well mannered with other adults rather than me and Wes, but we'll take that.
Bedtime is somewhat of a struggle and we often leave her closet light on for her until she falls asleep. If we take the demand of going to sleep away from her, she does much better. Her sleep has regressed ever since we took her pacifier away in February, but I guess we had to do it sometime.
Hannah is in school 2 days a week and she absolutely loves it. From what I hear from her teacher (Aunt Jenn) she really is a good kid and takes direction really well. Maybe Aunt Jenn is just charming me, but every day I seem to get a good report about Hannah's behavior. She really is such a sweet, good kid.
Hannah started dancing and she loves it. Her favorite part is tumbling, which may be taking after her momma. That would make me happy, but we aren't pushing anything. We may take a stab at some sports in the spring and see how she likes that. I k now it's hard to believe, but I was a tom boy and into sports when I was a kid, and I see alot of those same traits in Hannah. I'm not sure if Hannah actually likes dancing or the socializing part with her friends and cousin Marley. Whatever it is, she definitely looks forward to going each week.
Her biggest thing right now is playing baby and mommy. 4,000 times a day she says: Mommy, you be the mommy and I'll be the baby. It's so funny to me because when she says that, nothing changes except she calls me momma instead of mommy. It's still sweet and I love these times with her. It seems like Hannah can carry on a conversation about anything. She tries to say any word imaginable and the long words come out extra funny most of the time. I really am trying to keep these memories stored up in my head. She's growing up so fast and I'm beyond proud of the young lady Hannah is becoming. What a precious gift from the Lord.
Seeing these pictures make me so happy. They weren't easy to get and honestly, I didn't get any award winning photos, but the personalities behind these pictures just melt my heart and I'm overjoyed to be called mommy to these two little ones. We struggle to get through some days and there are some times by bedtime that I can't wait until both are tucked in their beds sound asleep. But overall, I wouldn't trade my days for the world. I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home, cleaning up messes, wiping runny noses, fixing lunch that they don't eat, collapsing after a trip the park because I ran wild and debating with a 3 year old all morning about what to wear. I wouldn't trade it for anything. This is the life I dreamed of forever. A huge thanks to Wes for partnering with me in this crazy life and helping make it all possible. Thanks to my sweet Jesus for the abundance of blessings he pours out on me every day, especially through these sweet faces.








3 comments:
Those pictures are so good! They are growing up too fast. Love both of them to pieces!!! PS Hannah really is SOOO good for me. I am so blessed to spend that time with her.
Such a precious & sweet post!
Loved this post!
Post a Comment