Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Beach and Smores

I know the beach and smores don't really go together, but when you live in Texas, one day it's warm enough to go to the beach and the next day it's cold enough for a campfire.  So, on Thursday we played beach outside.


When Wes and I were in Destin we bought this umbrella to have on the beach with us and every since we brought it home the kids have loved it and Hannah frequently asks to "play beach" with her chair and umbrella. 


There was a drastic change in weather from Thursday to Friday. It was coooold on Friday evening.  While I was out running errands Wes asked me to pick up stuff to make smores.  When I got home the kids were having a campout. 


Wes got a wood stove to warm his shop a few months ago and I think he was excited to put it to use!


Ethan was cracking us up because he just walked around with a HUGE marshmellow in his mouth all night.  We kept having to get him to spit it out so he could breathe!  Here is Hannah being silly, and this is how Ethan looked all night. 


This was so fun and I look forward to the days that we can have real campouts in the backyard.  Right now I think the kids are too young and it would just be miserable to try and all pile in a tent and actually get some sleep. Until then, I'll settle for smores on the back porch until bed time!

0 comments: