Monday, July 9, 2012

Adventures

This past weekend we headed to Houston to visit Wesley's grandparents and parents.  We had  a good visit and as always, it was fast paced and I got no pictures!  Wes had to stay in Houston to work all week, so me and the kids headed to Granna's house for the week. I knew it was a long shot, but I decided to try to get Hannah in to a really intense swim instructor here.  She actually had a cancellation and to be honest, my heart kinda sunk when she said she could take Hannah. I've heard stories about these swim "natzi" people and it terrifies me to think that they would throw my child in the water and it would be a game of sink or swim.  Well, it was NOTHING like that and Hannah did sooooo well!  We got her a prize after swim lessons...a purple slush.


Hannah was SOOO proud of herself, and we were too! I peeked through the fence a couple of times and she was swimming under water and kicking her feet so well.  I asked her teacher how she did today and she said that Hannah almost got across the width of the pool under water the whole way! WOW! I was soooo shocked that she accomplished that on day 1!  She even went to the bottom of the pool and got toys from the ground. Totally amazing! I'm so glad Wes pushed me to put her in if this girl had an opening. With just 1 day behind us, it's been worth it so far.

And swimming (and no nap) makes for one really, really tired little girl.


Here's to hoping day 2 is just as successful! 

post signature

0 comments: