I decided it was time to document our daily lives again. Last time I did it was in August and you can read about day 1 here. Hannah was 27 months and Ethan was almost 3 months. LOTS has changed!
Now, Hannah is 6 weeks shy of turning 3 and Ethan is just 2 months shy of turning 1 (GASP)!
So here we go...
Our day started a little after 7:00 this morning when Hannah came in my room. She crawled in bed with me and we both snuggled until Ethan woke up at 7:20. After I went in and got Ethan I came back to my room where Hannah was watching Mickey Mouse and she felt like a heater. I checked her temp and she was running 100.2. We had plans to meet my sister, but instead I called the doctor and we all got ready and headed to see Dr. B at 9:30, where we found out Hannah had strep throat. That put a little damper on our plans for the week, but I was so glad we caught it quick and we were able to get on an antibiotic.
When we left the doctor we headed to Braum's for some ice cream for Hannah, but she wanted nothing to do with it. I knew she was really not feeling well at that point. After picking up her prescription we headed home and Hannah fell asleep in the car on the way home at 10:30. I put her in my bed when we got home and she slept until 12:30 while Ethan and I played. Don't tell daddy, but Ethan was all about Hannah's baby dolls and giving them kisses. It was so sweet, so I had to take a picture....and a video. I don't plan on making a habit of letting Ethan play with dolls, but this was just too cute.
After playing for a little while Ethan and I ate lunch. Right when we finished lunch is when Hannah woke up....just in time for Ethan to nap (just perfect timing - ha!) So I put Ethan down at 12:45 and since Hananh didn't have much of an appetite all day, we just played in her room for a while, colored, painted her fingernails and toenails and watched TV together. I was really wanting her to rest, but she wasn't acting sick AT ALL. So, at around 3:30 when Ethan woke up we headed on a walk around the block and then played in the backyard until about 4:45. Ethan eats dinner at 5:00 usually so I fed him carrots and chicken and he was shoveling it in. I love how much this kid eats! While Ethan ate Hannah had some rest time in her room (which means she played games on the IPod).
Ethan was extra fussy this afternoon so I put him in his crib after he ate. I've been putting him in there after his dinner time and 20% of the time he will fall asleep and other times he just plays. Today I think he dozed off for about 10 minutes and when I heard him I went and put some toys in his crib and he played in there for about 45 minutes while Hannah asked me for 100 snacks while I cooked dinner.
(Does this little girl look like she had strep throat today?!)
Wes got home at 6:00 and we ate boiled shrimp for dinner. Hannah ate chicken nuggets. I was pretty much letting her have whatever she asked for this evening since she hadn't eaten all day. Her evening menu was chicken, potato chips, yogurt, oreo sticks, goldfish and popsicles. After we ate we headed outside for a stroll around the block and more play time outside. Of course we had to have some popcicles to cool down.
At 8:15 I put Ethan down for bed. He typically goes to bed at around 7:30, but we pushed it a little tonight to soak in all the sunshine we could. Daddy bathed Ethan tonight while I took a shower. We skipped Hannah's bath tonight out of me just not wanting to do it and justifying that she didn't get that dirty since we laid around most of the day - ha!
Hannah went to bed at about 8:45. After that I was a big bum. Hannah and Ethan's afternoon naps are always at the same time and since they weren't today because of Hannah's random morning nap time, I literally haven't had 2 seconds to myself today, other than my shower, I guess - ha! So, I'll be off to bed shortly, too.
I hope for the next few days to include a few more details and better pictures just so I can have that to read for later, but with our unexpected sickness today, it was a really off day and I didn't think to make a mental note of our day and how it played out exactly.




0 comments:
Post a Comment