Saturday, January 7, 2012

On the mend

Things have been ROUGH at the Tyler house for quite some time.  Before Christmas Hannah had her first ever stomach bug. She handled it like a champ, but it still wasn't any fun.  We missed a fun birthday party, church and school that week.  Then we left to head to my parents house for Christmas.  On Christmas Day Hannah woke up with fever. So when we got home I kept her inside and away from other kiddos until we left for New Years to head to Houston with Wesley's family.  All was well until New Years Eve night...Hannah spiked another fever and Ethan had a croup cough.  We traveled home with 2 sick kiddos and about an hour away from our house a dog ran into my car and dented it. Whew....not a good way to start our new year.  When we finally got to the doctor's office we discovered that Hannah had an ear infection and Ethan had a double ear infection...so we were house bound again...for the 3rd week in a row! This momma was going NUTS.  Luckily, my mom stayed the night here on Friday night and woke up with Ethan and I got my first full night of sleep since Ethan has been born! I'm a new woman....at least for now!

All that to say, we are finally on the mend.  Ethan seems a ton better and Hannah perked up a few days ago.  So this afternoon, with warmer temperatures, we headed to Sonic to play.


 Ethan was not wanting to stay on the blanket we brought for him...guess I should have known that! He loved feeling the sand, and luckily he didn't put any in his mouth.


Hannah was loving the sand and was talking about the beach.  I had to go on the playground with her to get her to slide before we left. I just knew if she didn't slide she would be talking all night about how she didn't get to.


Ethan was loving the outdoors, after not being out for quite a while!


I can't wait until spring so being outside becomes the norm again.


Now, if we can just stay well.....
post signature

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Glad everyone is feeling better. That pic of Ethan with the slide in the background is SO GOOD!