Tuesday, September 6, 2011

To Grandmother's House we go...

This weekend, me and the kids headed to visit my parents.  I told Wes he needed some time to work on his shop (which has been on hold every since Ethan was born), and I made a last minute decision to load the kids up and head to my parents house.  About an hour into the trip it occurred to me that this was the first time for me to travel alone with both kids.  With that being said, I didn't have much time to take many pictures.


Paw Paw Jerry enjoyed some snuggle time with his newest little buddy. They watched their first football game together.


Kayla and I went shopping on Sunday afternoon while my mom and dad watched Hannah, Ethan and Grayson.  I'm pretty sure the kids didn't miss us at all.  Granna has a way of making sure of that! Kayla bought Grayson and adorable hat and we had to try it on Ethan.


I'm on a mission to find a cute hat for Ethan for the winter.  Since he's so bald, I'll have to get something to keep that head warm. Ha! 

The trip with both kids went pretty smoothly.  Despite the fact of having to stop at a McDonald's for a potty break for me and Hannah and for me to feed Ethan all in the pouring rain, all went well!  I wish I could have seen myself holding Ethan's carrier in one hand, Hannah in the other and an umbrella with my third arm that mom's somehow develop. I'm pretty sure people were laughing! 

Fun times at Granna's!

Oh, and here is the latest shop picture...


Wes has done 99% of the work with his own two hands.  Have I ever mentioned how GREAT it is to have a handy man as a husband?!  I'm so proud of him!! 
post signature

2 comments:

Strange family said...

fun weekend! the shop looks GREAT!

The Gentry's said...

You are so brave traveling alone with the kiddos!!
The shop looks great, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Handy-man Wes!