This week we said goodbye to our best friend....our pacifier. I'm pretty sure I'm as much or more devastated than Hannah. It's been an emotional week for both of us. Thanks to our great pediatrician, we have the whole thing on video.
We weren't sure how exactly we were going to get rid of it. Well, Monday we had Ethan's well check with Dr. B and I remembered that he has a bucket of paci's that he collects. So that morning I just asked Hannah if she wanted to give her pacifier to Dr. Barret and she got really excited and said yes. So, we did. Mistake? Possibly.
Since Hannah turned a year old we've limited the pacifier to naptime and bedtime...with the occasional stretch of the rules if she was sick, traveling, etc. Now I'm a little worried about how we are going to handle certain situations without our best friend.
Hannah's pacifier is truly her best friend. Even though she hasn't been able to have it outside of her bed for over a year, she talks about it all the time. It's been a rough couple of days, and it might get harder before it gets easier, but I think we're committed. I say "I think" because I've wanted to give in so bad, but Wes is making us stay strong. However, he's not here during the day so he won't be here to stop me - ha!
Despite the rough patches we've had this week, it's been extremely worth it to me that she's taken a pacifier for the past couple of years. It's saved us from some terrible times!
I end this post with a little tear...first the big girl bed, then potty training and now no pacifier. My baby girl is growing up and it makes me sad. But I sure am proud of her!
2 comments:
such a big girl! i'm so proud of both of you.
stay strong, it's gonna be a rough ride but you have to do it sometime :) Good luck!
Post a Comment