Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The difference a year makes

On September 13, 2011, a year ago today, our lives forever changed, once again.  It was a Monday that followed a weekend trip to Houston to visit Wesley's parents.  I woke up with plans to go to the zoo to meet some friends.  I felt queasy, but decided to suck it up and head to the zoo.  When I got home I called Wes and we decided I should take a pregnancy test.  I got sweet Hannah down for her nap, took a test and called Wes while I waited for the results.


Wow!! We were so shocked, happy, overjoyed and flat out EXCITED!  In that moment I could not even imagine how wonderful life would be with a new baby exactly a year later.  Ethan has been such an amazing blessing.  He's such a great baby and has fit into our family perfectly.  Wesley and I often talk about how it feels like he's been around forever.


I'll never forget the day I became a mommy of a baby boy.  Thank you, Lord, for your continued blessings and your constant reminder of how much you love us through our children. 

post signature

2 comments:

Nicole Garvey said...

love it! He really is such a sweet and precious boy. :)

Granna and Paw Paw Jerry said...

Yep I remember when you told me and HOW you told me.... Hannah had on an "I'm a big Sister" t-shirt!!! I was shocked and thrilled at the same time. Ethan is so precious and I love that little guy so much. He (and all my babies) make my heart smile. :o)