Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2 Months!

My growing boy is 2 months old. It's hard to believe! 


Ethan is awake so much more these days and he's just soaking in the world around him.  He's really interested in ceiling fans, people's faces and objects in front of him.  His bouncy seat has lights on it and he seems to really like those. 


He really doesn't mind being on his tummy, so we have tummy time several times a day.  He moves his head so well and is really getting more and more control.  He's kicks his little legs so much and wiggles a bunch. He's starting to try really hard to kick his legs over and roll over, but we aren't quite there yet.


We've graduated from newborn diapers (at 6 weeks) and he's about to not be able to fit in newborn clothes. WHAT?! Wasn't I JUST in the hospital having him? Wasn't I just in the hospital having Hannah!?  Having children makes your life pass by much quicker.


Ethan fell in love with his pacifier this past weekend. YAHOO! Hannah's pacifier was my best friend (and hers) so I really wanted him to take one.  It was tough, but I think we've succeeded! 



At 6 weeks Ethan started flashing some smiles.  He won't do it on demand yet, but if we tickle his little neck or cheek he'll give us one most of the time. So sweet and his face just lights up. 


Ethan is so content wherever we are and whatever we are doing.  He literally only fusses a little when he's trying to fall asleep.  And it's a stretch to say he "fusses." It's more like a little whimper and we just swaddle him up and give him his pacifier and he's out a couple of minutes later.  When he's hungry at night he just wakes up and makes noises. Although, a couple of weeks ago I forgot to turn his monitor on when I put him to bed and when I was finally awaken by a NOT happy baby he had a little tear. It made me so sad and I haven't forgotten the monitor since then! I know it's such a blessing to have another easy baby and I don't take that for granted, at all! 


We have his 2 month appointment tomorrow and I'll be posting his stats, so stay tuned!

(All these pictures were taken on my phone, so they arent' great quality) 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

love love love him.

Lindsay said...

Those are precious pictures!