Thursday, August 8, 2013

Kids update

I would love to do a "day in the life" post, but at the current stage of my life, I don't have the time or energy to keep up with what we do all day - haha! 

Hannah is 4 and LOVES princess things. She twirls around the house with a crown and a wand almost daily. She loves dressing up and pretend play.  I hear her saying the funniest things from her room.  Her favorite toy right now is her miniature princess dolls that are smaller than barbie dolls.  You can interchange their clothes and I never see one dressed in the same thing more than a few minutes. 


Hannah loves to swim at the "big" pool and jump off the diving board.  She also likes swimming in our backyard pool with her little mermaid dolls. She will ONLY wear a dress and only a nightgown to bed.  If you see her in anything other than a dress, just know there was a battle at our house that morning. She only wants to wear flip flops and I have to beg her to wear her cute little sandals, so that usually only happens on Sundays. 


Ethan is 2 and WOW. He's all boy, plus terrible twos.  It's an adventure with him.  Getting him dressed, going to the store, playing outside...I'm always on my toes with him.  He lights up a room and usually makes everyone gasp because he's climbed to the top of a ladder or table, or anything else there is to climb.  He's absolutely, whole heartedly in love with tractors, cars, monster trucks and anything else with wheels. 


He's gotten into super heroes and swords lately, too. He will go around with a squinted up nose and fists and just looks for trouble. He punches the air and just "psh, psh, psh." It's adorable, really.   He's not big into sports and balls, but give that boy a hammer or saw and he'll go to town.  (only fake ones for now). He loves playing with daddy's screwdrivers  and riding on daddy's lawnmower.  I can't imagine where he gets his innate ability to know what to do with power tools. 


Both of these kids are so loveable in so many ways. They are NIGHT and DAY.  Hannah is a tender hearted, soft spoken, timid little princess.  Ethan is a feisty, crazy, climbing little rascal.  They are both such a joy to have and I'm so thankful for these two.  

1 comments:

Angela Ables said...

Love both of these precious kiddos!