Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Annual beach trip

So, my blogging has fallen through the cracks.  I haven't read blogs or blogged (obviously) in almost a month.  Summer is so busy and my kids are so demanding - haha!  Hannah doesn't nap anymore and so my "free time" is usually after they fall asleep at night and at that point I have so many other things to do, blogging is usually not on the list.  So, with that little rant behind me...

We went on our annual White Family beach trip.  As always, it was a great time, but this year we had a few little challenges.  Before we left on Tuesday morning we ran by the doctor's office to have Ethan checked out.  He hadn't slept well for the previous 2 nights and I just knew something was going on with him. I was right...he had an ear infection.  Oh, what a fun way to start our vacation!  But, we got medicine and hit the road.

Once we got there we got settled and hit the beach!  I soon realized that Hannah was NOT all about the beach.  She complained about the sand being itchy and the salt water hurting a blister she had on her foot...long story short, this was the theme of the week - Hannah hated the beach.


So I spent a little more time in the cabin that I had hoped to, but I guess that's just the season of life I'm in.  Ethan loved the beach in small doses. He would run wild and dive into the sand head first, but then after about 15 minutes of that, he was done and got whiny and clingy.  He sure enjoyed Grayson's fun superhero toys at the cabin, though!


We decided to join my sister's family on a little ride on the ferry to Galveston to try and escape some of the constant complaints from Hannah about being on the beach.  She had fun feeding the seagulls and looking for dolphins.  Ethan and daddy took a tour around the boat and he snapped this picture. 


Overall, we relaxed and it was nice being away from home where things were a bit more relaxed.  I'm praying that next year my kids will appreciate the beach more and realize what vacation is all about.  Until next year....


1 comments:

Lindsay said...

That last pic is so sweet. I can't believe Hannah doesn't like the beach. Hopefully just a phase :)