Wednesday, July 3, 2013

summer happenings

We have been having fun in the sun lately....and indoors to beat the heat. 


Last week Hannah had two birthday parties.  One was a princess party and the other was a camping party.  For the princess party, she got to dress up in her favorite princess dress. 


Ethan always gets to tag along for these fun parties and he tried on a couple of capes before deciding on his superman cape for the party. 


After changing out of her princess dress we headed to Tyler State Park for a camping party. She had a ball.  Wes and Hannah spent the night and she did so good. She slept all night and didn't complain (much) about the heat and bugs.


While Hannah and Wes were roughing it, Ethan and I stayed up way past his bedtime. He was so happy and was giggling so much when I tickled him. It was fun to just have him all to myself!


This week the temps were in the 80's so we thought we would head to the zoo since it was a little cooler than it has been.  It was a fun time. The kids enjoyed being out. 


Feeding the birds was Ethan's favorite thing to do.  It was so fun watching him.  

(Please excuse his red shoes that don't match and are 10 times too big.  He insisted)

 Yesterday our friend Lauren came to play.  We love this girl so much and are always excited to have her. I took all 3 kids to dairy queen to play, eat and have icecream.


How adorable is this little sweetie!?

Hannah loved her icecream, too ...as always!


I'm not sure how this has happened, but every time we go to McDonalds, Dairy Queen or Sonic, the kids expect icecream!


When we got home I had some house cleaning to do so Hannah helped me.


She loves helping, and I can always use the extra help. 

We have had a fun, hot summer so far.  Looking forward to more fun memories! 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

love!!!!!

Lindsay said...

The background of the new house in the pics of the kids looks awesome - can't wait to see. Ethan is SO big all of the sudden!