Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My favorites

This year I thought I'd start the year off listing my favorite things & thoughts and some goals for the year to see how they have changed over the next year. 

FAVORITES/THOUGHTS
  • I LOVE the color teal/turqoise and I'm obsessed with chevron print, hence the new design of my blog.
  • I decided in 2012 that my favorite cookie is definitely a chocolate chip cookie.
  • My favorite place to eat is Don Juans. We don't eat out much these days, but that's always my first pick!
  • My favorite place to take the kids is probably McDonalds.  They both play really well there.
  • I'm highly addicted to coca-cola. It's an every day must.
  • I'm in love with my tall brown boots and could wear them everyday.
  • I decided I really like scarves.
  • I have colored skinny jeans, but I'm not sure they are really for me. 
  • It's been confirmed (again) that I despise cold weather.
  • If I have free time, my favorite thing to do is nap.
  • I dislike cleaning, but I don't mind grocery shopping.
  • Any extra money I come across, my first thought is shopping.
GOALS
  • I'm turning 30 this year and would love to  maintain my current weight - not looking promising!
  • I want to read to my kids more.
  • I want to do more crafty things for my house. I've always wanted to be the mom that has cute holiday decor for every holiday & season. I'm going to try this year!
  • Stay on top of my kids scrapbooks. I've been pretty good about this, but over the past 3-4 months I've fell behind.
  • Have more girls nights with my BFF's. They are always so refreshing!
  • Stay in style - the older I get the harder it is - ha
  • I want to find new kitchen curtains. I've never liked the ones I originally chose. 
  • Wear earrings everyday. I'm always hurrying to get out the door and always forget, but I like having them on. 
  • Continue to stay away from too much social media (facebook, pinterest, and anything else that can suck you in!)
  • With that said, reduce my amount of texting! 
  • Continue to stay content with everything we have.  We are majorly blessed. I don't struggle with this often, but sometimes Satan creeps in.  
  • My biggest goal is to print my 2011 blog book and START my 2012 blog book. I absolutely love having my blogs turned into books. It's probably one of my biggest treasures and I'm so behind. 
  • And of course, continue to grow in the Lord. Show my children that they have a Godly mother who seeks Him.
I'm already looking forward to seeing what's changed in a year from now!