The screen saver to our computer is a scroll of pictures from our computer. It's always random. Well, this morning I was folding clothes on the couch and caught a glimpse of a picture of when Ethan was a baby.
It really kind of took my breath away. I hardly remember him being this little, but at the same time, I remember every morning getting him at 7:00 a.m. when he woke up and putting him in bed with me and he would fall back asleep on a pile of pillows for another hour or two. I remember that like yesterday. I also remember nursing him every morning and just praying over his sweet little body and being so grateful for this little miracle. I remember making the silliest faces trying to get him to smile at us or make some sort of noise.
Then there are those months of endless ear infections that I will NEVER forget. I remember surviving on caffeine and about 4 hours of sleep each night. Wes would stay up with him until about 2:00 a.m. every night and then I would take over until morning. Poor little guy was so miserable and we were all lacking sleep. This is when my coca-cola addiction that I mentioned in my last blog kicked in.
Now, he seems so grown up and will be 2 in four short months.
I'm not sure how we got from sleepless nights with ear infections to this sweet big boy. He may be small in size, but he's BIG in personality. This guy seriously melts my heart each day. It seems like he's growing so much faster than Hannah did. Maybe it's because he's my baby.
I never want to take time with my kids for granted. I know it's passing way too fast and these pictures were just a reminder of how far we've come in such a short time. Hannah will be 4 soon and I can't even make myself look at her baby pictures because I know I will cry and cry. I LOVE the ages that my kids are at now. They play so well together and we are getting to an age of being able to get out more as a family and do fun things, but oooohhhh....holding a newborn...your newborn...there's nothing quite like that.


2 comments:
AGREE!! My heart breaks when I see those newborn pictures...but, like you, I am enjoying the ages they're at. But it does go by too fast:( Glad we get to experience motherhood together;)
I love the updated family pictures. You have a gorgeous family, Shelley!
Post a Comment