Saturday, December 8, 2012

Tree topper

I'm the youngest of 3 kids and when we were little, it was a HUGE deal to us to put the star on top of the tree.  Our dad would lift us up so we could reach the top to put the tree topper on.  Each year we took turns putting the top on and with 2 siblings, that meant we only got to do it every 3 years.  Well, the other night Hannah wanted to put the star on our tree (before we decorated any other part) and it was such a sweet thing to see.


A ton of memories flooded back to me as I saw Wes holding Hannah high up to reach the tree.  Next year will be Ethan's turn and I'm already excited to get a picture of Wes holding him up! 

1 comments:

The Gentry's said...

So sweet!! Love starting these traditions with our own little ones;)